How to Apply for a Property
Applications can be downloaded from this website by selecting the desired property and clicking on "Apply Now" or picked up at our office located at 6280 W. Las Positas Boulevard, Suite #230, Pleasanton. There is a non-refundable application fee of $40.00.
- The rental application must be completely filled out and signed by applicant. No one under 18 can apply as a party to a residential leasing agreement.
ALL APPLICANTS OVER THE AGE OF 18 WHO WILL BE FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LEASE MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION AND APPLICATION FEE OF $40. ONLY CASH, CREDIT CARD, OR MONEY ORDERS ARE ACCEPTED.
We do not accept personal checks for applications.
- If you are renting your current property, please sign the bottom of the rental verification form.
- Provide a clear copy of a valid photo I.D. or Drivers License for each person over 18 years of age or older.
- If you have pets you must complete the pet application form and include a picture of each pet (dog, cat, aquarium size, etc.)
- Provide two most recent paycheck stubs from your current employer. If you are self-employed a copy of two most recent bank statements, or a P&L statement.
- On the application you must fill out everything completely. This includes your current and past landlords valid telephone number(s) and current employer contact number.
- An $85 Administrative fee will be added to move-in expense.
Most applications are processed in 1-2 business days. Our screening process includes a review of references from your previous landlord(s). As part of the screening process we may verify employment references and salary. The screening process includes a credit report. If approved, applicants with recent bankruptcies and/or credit problems may be required to make advance rent payments or higher deposit. Please discuss any questions or concerns regarding credit and/or background requirements with the property manager.
Your application is valid for thirty days and applies to all properties offered by ab Property Management, Inc.
Pets may be allowed in a rental, based upon the property owner's discretion and additional pet deposit. Our homeowners and insurance companies will not accept animals from restricted lists. Check with property management for a list of restricted pets. Dogs considered to be a menacing breed are not permitted in rental properties. Birds, Rodents, and Reptiles are not permitted in rental properties.
Applications are NOT first come first served and are submitted to the owner of the rental property for approval. If your application is approved by the property owner a Holding Deposit in the form of cashier’s check or money order payable to ab Property Management, Inc. will be due no later than 24 hours after ab Property Management, Inc. contacts you. If ab Property Management, Inc. does not receive holding deposit within 24 hours of approval, the property will be re-considered to the next approved applicant.